Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Yard things...

I'm still here, but just some slow laid back days...   I was working in the yard, trying to get it cleaned up, but also asked the home management guy to send his guy to help...

So last night I went out and bought a bush trimmer, and just like that....  Using it this morning, caused the yard guy to show up right after lunch...  I hadn't even cleaned up my piles of clippings....  Of course the yard guy did way more work in a couple of hours than I had done all morning....  Its his business...

I had ordered a hose cart from Wal mart on line..  And they told me it would come by November 10th..  or perhaps later... Its a steel one with rubber tires...  They rust back in the Midwest, but not much chance of that happening out here where there is no rain or even water in the air for that matter..

It came in a big box this afternoon, and parts and pieces came raining out when I opened the tape...  Bolts and nuts and things all over the garage floor..  I told myself to stay positive...  The box didn't look damaged...  Surely it was all there....  So I just laid it all out on the floor and decided where the bolts and screws must go...   I did have a booklet in seven languages, written by someone that had Chinese as his first language...  Oh, goody!

But I managed to get the thing pieced together and was only missing one little washer..  So the hose is on its nice cart out by the water spigot...  Now watch someone will like it better than me and roll it off...

Tomorrow is the big motorcycle ride..  So perhaps that will give another story to tell...

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. That is one mighty fine looking Casa you have there. Our Florida Cabana is much smaller and no garage. We love our location next to any stores and many restaurants we can walk to, but being a two story town house is a bummer and I would like a garage.
    Two years ago I bought a DAP brand flexible self shrink hose from Target and we both love it. The only thing is that it must be stored in a flower pot or bucket to keep the Sun off it when not in use. We use it daily for beach sand removal and watering plants. No problems found. I got the fifty foot model with plastic fittings and it has held up well.
    I see on TV they have a new model with brass fittings, so I may need another.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in NC I had two plastic hose carts which worked okay except that it was a pain to guide the hose to roll up evenly. Have a fun and safe trip tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rod, Will be anxious to read your next post about your latest big bike ride - wondering where you went ? I think your Spyder looks like it belongs in a Transformers movie - like it will somehow unfold and become a big angry robot and stomp around the desert. Hope you had fun -- Cindy in Dayton, OH

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...