Thursday, August 22, 2013

Service lane experiences

This was one of those days, where you begin wondering what you need to take care of today.....

Well that Ford car still has its recall notice sitting here on the table....  Lets go see about that....  So I was off.....  Well right after I sat out in the car and re paired that cell phone that wasn't connected after last Monday's reprogramming...

Again it is some distance to the Ford dealership that I use for repair....  And once there, they were nice and accommodating...  Willing to look for a rattle I have in one of the seats and order the parts for the recall...

So I needed a ride home.... And they called that fellow too.....   So I had a seat to wait for the driver...  Nice lounge with a TV but spartan...  Coffee machine but no other offerings....

And as I sat there and thought about the three different car dealerships I have sought service help from this week, it was fun to contrast the service offered by each....

Warranty under my extended policy at the BMW folks had obtained a loaner car that was a 2013 twin turbo 5 door wagon...  Replace the gas... we'll see you two days from now when its done..

At Honda, they got the parts in the next couple of hours...  They had two ladies that were serving sandwiches and chips in the lounge along with an endless bottle of diet coke...  I did wait a couple of hours, but they fed me for the entire time I was there...  Oh, did we mention that there is wifi for your laptop...?  But by the time I paid the bill, that was a really expensive ham and cheese on whole wheat....

And at Ford, they didn't even have bottled water..... only a coffee machine...  The retired driver was assigned a 2010 Ford Flex wagon with three rows of seats... He told me that it was a used car they couldn't sell, so he got it....  I now has 110,000 city miles on it and looked quite worn inside...    But he got me back home in quick time, and perhaps that's really all I needed...

In the Ford dealerships defense, I didn't purchase my car there, opting for a dealer out in Lee's Summit... But for warranty recalls, a dealer is a dealer...

The funny thing about this is that the Ford Explorer was the most expensive of the three vehicles repaired as the older bimmer was used....

But perhaps the bimmer's repair is the most expensive and that is why they can hand out loaners...  But I also wonder if that isn't their way of getting you to drive a new model right along, subliminally implanting that gotta have a new one urge....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. So did it work? Are you buying a new bimmer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Rod - a new Bimmer for Loyce might be a nice idea!

    Dealerships have sure changed from the old metal chairs we used to have to sit on.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...