Sunday, August 11, 2013

Returning to the Lake..

We managed to kidnap two of the grand daughters this afteroon, once I made hay out of the grass in our yard....

It was quite long after only a week, but I'm not certain there was a day when it didn't rain..  The yard was flooded with water under my  wheels on the yard tractor as I splashed my way around the property...

Once that was over, we packed for the lake, as all that rain has caused some gigantic quantities of water to come down the Osage River, which is damed up to make this lake...  The dam was closed in 1931so it is really old....

They wisely opened up all the spillway doors and let the water go right on over the dam...   I'm not sure if there was ever any risk, but it wouldn't be good to wash out this facility...  It wouldn't be feasable to rebuild this again, as there isn't enough generating capacity on this lake to warrent the cost....

Once we arrived here tonight, we headed for our favorite bar be cue of Bandana's...   The kids are really big eaters now that they are older, and they demolished the big kids meals in short order..

I'm not sure what the plans are for tomorrow, but I'm certain I will be called upon to taxi drive something.....LOL

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. I guess as the grandkids get older the restaurant meals begin to get a bit more expensive.

    Your header pic is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...