Monday, April 8, 2013

Springtime in Kansas!

Our day here started with some sunshine, which was just a way of tantalizing us into thinking the storms might somehow pass us by....  Huh!

The sky became overcast by mid morning, as I was out to the Office Depot purchasing my yearly copy of Turbo Tax....  I only purchase the basic as it has all the forms necessary to do almost any tax return...  And if you know where to override the inputs, the return will compute itself completely... and correctly..

So since I do not use the interview part anyway, it doesn't matter which copy I purchase...  But anyway I went over to my son Ben's house for a while as he was polishing his Honda VTX..  He and my grandson Caden were telling a few stories and I had to chime in too...

Later back at our house I was installing the tax software when the entire family decided to come here for a visit...  So we spent the afternoon inside as it began to sprinkle and then rain....  Biscuit and the kids ran all over the place and didn't care a bit what it was doing outside.....

Tonight I had the project to get things arranged in the garage so both motorcycles and the riding mower would fit on the small side...  Needed to have both cars in as well as they were predicting hail...........!

We tend to have some hum dingers around here in the spring, and two years ago we damaged the roof and both cars that were out at the time... So we take these forecasts very seriously...........

It did rain heavily for about an hour, but no hail this time....  At least yet anyway, as I wouldn't want to jinx myself...  The older pickup sits outside  all the time, so hail is bad on it no matter what we do...

Ah, springtime in Kansas........  

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. I was sitting here with the morning news on and they were talking about the severe storm warning in your area. Glad to hear you and your family are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy's car was damaged a few years back by hail, great that you have shelter for your cars to protect them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're okay. We have wind - gusting at about 50 mph right now so we are rockin' and a rolling. We got back to AJ this morning - left Benson at 6:00 a.m. so we could beat the wind. Made it. Yea!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...