Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Minions from yesterday and an irrigation lake...

For those that read yesterday's blog before I was informed, you might want to know that a comment from  Ingasmile informed me that the blimp was made to look like a Minion...  From the movie Despicable Me...



So since I haven't been to a movie in eons...  No wonder I didn't know what it was....  But now that I think about it some of the folks that were out of their cars looking at the blimp had little kids with them.....  Makes more sense now...

My yard improvements seem to have a problem...  I added three little sprays to the irrigation system, and we have a flood going.......  I thought I added the same little red flagged end drips, but...........

So back over to that favorite store today (Home Depot)  where some poignant questions yielded that the little red sprays are 4 gal per hour at 25 psi...  Seems that most yard companies leave out a pressure regulator..  So the systems run wide open.....  About 70 psi..  That way they can put a lot more drips on each line...

This only requires one valve and a more simple timer.....  So I can't just put in a pressure regulator without putting in a lot more pipe and a bigger timer... So I bought some 1 gal per hour sprays...

So if it is running at three times the pressure that would be three gallons during the time it is on...  But this isn't scientific  as pressure doesn't relate to flow directly like that.

So I guess I will just have to go look and see how big of a lake I am creating tomorrow...  Perhaps I will be after the 1/2 gal per hour heads next.....

It doesn't surprise me that folks have found a way to do things cheaper, in order to take the extra money for themselves...  Its the American way!

You just have to have someone let you in on the little secret......

Retired Rod       Oh, no call from Camping World.......

3 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of a Minion either.

    Thanks for doing all the research on the water sprays, I know all of us readers appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the explanation about the blimp. I tried to google it but found nothing. A Minion?? Does this mean we're getting old? Any fish over there in your lake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of a Minion either, but you could probably figure that already.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...