Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fighting to print just one more file, and nothing changes with the state of the union...

Again we never made 60 here...   But we had some sun in the afternoon... Loyce and I spent time trying to print out a pattern that she had bought from a private individual on the internet...

Hey it was just a .pdf file, that can't be to tough, but she was striking out...  So I jumped in...  But she had downloaded it numerous times trying to get it to print...  and every time was stalled with an error....

It took quite a while to bring each version up and cancel it out...  So just print one out and be done... Wrong..  For some reason that I never determined, every time the we pushed print on the PDF reader under Windows 8  it would error out....  We tried and tried...  Our version was up to date, but something was amiss...

It wasn't just the one file, she had purchased three, and it wouldn't print any of them...

So I dropped back to my windows 7 laptop and it wouldn't sign on as Loyce under gmail...  Seems it had cookies that told gmail who I was...  Had to blow away the cookies and then I was nobody...  Which let me be Loyce...  Luckily I had selected which cookies to blow away so I didn't loose everything..

The W7 adobe client loaded the file and printed itself right out...  I even printed all three files, except I ran out of ink... And I had to change the cartridge mid file....  This is fairly typical of any of my normal printing experiences.....  I hate printers...

The epson that I purchased in December, is a network printer and resides on the network with wifi connection...  As such you send your job off to print, and even when watching with the printer daemon under windows, you wonder what is happening as it seems to take a lot longer to get the file to the printer... It just sits there....... doing nothing..... I guess I am too impatient...   By now our afternoon was mostly shot...  But Loyce has her printouts, and it was too cold to go on the cycle anyway....

Tonight I watched the state of the union message from the President...  Which seemed to be a cheering rally for the causes that he holds dear...  With the probable outcome of the Republicans sitting stoic on their hands and the Dems standing at each thought he presented.....  It would seem that we continue to be divided exactly on party lines just like normal...  On to the fight over sequestration!!!  This should be fun.... Hope medicare doesn't get whacked too bad...

Retired Rod


1 comment:

  1. I can't say I'm a big fan of printers either. There are just too many models with all different drivers - it's a bit ridiculous.

    I watched the SOTU speech as well and thought President Obama was really enjoying himself. I guess with the election over he can be a bit more free wheeling in what he says.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...