Saturday, February 9, 2013

Busy on Friday....

Today it was warm first thing in the morning, as we are to have cooler weather moving in during the afternoon...  So the motor cycle ride was moved up to the earlier before noon time....

Today I again rode out the Bush Highway from Power Road...  Its kind of pretty out there as the Salt river runs along the side of the road with Red Mountain across the river...  And I had plans with the camera too, but left it sitting on the printer when I was putting on my riding pants...  The cell phone does such poor job, that I didn't even stop...

With the rain we have been having, the desert is pushing up some new shoots of green grass..  So things are greening up nicely.... won't last much past May, but for now its cool...

This road is up and down thru washes and around twists and turns...  Speed limit is 45 and in some places 35, but I was actually doing the twistys at the speed limit...  I'm becoming more acclimated with the new bigger bike...

Out at Saguaro Lake I wandered around on the Lake Roads, but you are supposed to have a current park pass, and I didn't have one, so I didn't stop anywhere..  They can pull you over and ask for your pass if they want to and the sheriff has an office right on the lake... I kind of looked around to see if Jim Dixon was there, by looking for his truck, but there are numerous ramps so it was like looking for a needle....like they say..

Back in town, I went to Wendy's for a burger and a value fry.. And then rode back to the house....  Enough messing around on the cycle, as I needed to do some work...

When I went after the new bike in January, I used the trailer to take the old cycle over and bring the new bike home...  I didn't want to be all wobbly legged riding away from the dealership in the middle of town traffic..  It was better that my first experience with the bike was out here in the suburbs...

But that left the trailer on the outside of the motorhome in its stall.  Usually it is in the back of the stall..  And also I'm not certain when the rig was started last, but I think it was before Christmas...  Its the 8th of February...

So with the car, I went over to storage and hooked onto the trailer...  With my tools I loosened the tongue jack and re positioned it.  Last year we had the Honda which has a way low hitch, but this year our hitch is much higher with the Ford... So adjustments needed to be made......again..

That took about an hour and then the motorhome was moved to put the trailer back in the back of the stall...  I also started the generator set as it hasn't been run for a long time either...  It started hard!

Our fuel prices here seem to be on the skyrocket, and some stations are poised to go to $3.55.  for gas, with Diesel right at $4..  Using Gasbuddy on my cell phone I scanned the stations and found a Fry's grocery station at $3.85..  It was about 5 miles away but I needed that drive to exercise everything..

Once there, I jammed the tank full...   Not sure that is a good thing to do, but I did have the 5 mile run back to storage to burn off some of it..  The generator ran the entire time...

It was almost 6 PM when I got back home....  But Loyce was waiting and wanted a hamburger so we thought about where to go.... and not Wendy's or Fuddruckers either...

Remembering Rick's blog about In and Out vs 5 Guys, I voted for 5 Guys..  So I put that into the GPS...  It was clear over on Val Vista, but we were looking for something different so we went....

Big burgers!!  With the works...., and that's a big long list of stuff...  We can't do that very often...  Not the tiny little burger I get at Wendy's....

A busy Friday for sure...

Retired Rod

7 comments:

  1. Love the picture of your home and yard..We hate the moss here in the pacific northwest and always have to treat it constantly! It is inclement weather about 200 days of the year, our onlychild lives in NYC. She is blanketed with snow and more snow..It was foggy and smoggy and horrible the week she was up in Seattle and had pneumonia some vacation in the hospital and resting, but we were with her everyday and the last few days she was out and we took her all around to the burbs to visit her friends..I wanted to retire & live up there, but no longer never saw the blue sky one darned day and the rush and the prices and taxes, gas was over $4.00 in Seattle so we got the gas we needed in the burbs, condos are tiny and cost a bundle, everything is too much this and too much that, most who work in Seattle don't live there anymore, so the emerald city has lost its charm for me we are retired and don't have the dough it takes to live inthe largest city in washington state! I love your adventures of reading how you go on your motorcycles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You seem to enjoy yourself and your lovely wife a lot and enjoy the sun and blue skies. Happy Luna New Year this sunday feb 10, 2013, the year of the Water Snake, our only is the Fire Snake and she said she is not working for a week she is not about to get sick again. She has a fabulous job and can do that.ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say Happy Lnar New Year...this sunday, all my neighbors are Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, Chinese, we celebrate with them too! We love them, most kind people and tolerant I ever met, mostly Buddhists!!!!!!!!! It is important in life to be kind and sweet. One never knows what will happen why be mean and intolerant at all. We see no need for that in life, I am old hippie from southern california and my hubbs a jewish fellow from brooklyn new york, why be mean to others, we have a huge country for all to live peacefully and happily in..it takes no extra effort to be kind & loving and not all people get a break in life that is our philosophy. Hunger is a big problem here so we help out a lot at a pantry and I cook & bake and help with the tiny ones. My hubbs gets stuff he knows a place they will toss good food because of the expiration date is then or near..It is good food, the pantry loves us, but many help out who are retired on small social security, it is amazing! But it pains me to see that the young people cannot get a home of anykind & they work like the devil is after them..Just cannot save any money due to gasoline nearing $4.00 a gallon here and rent is not cheap too..Love reading what you are up to daily..Enjoy the shortest month of the year and the start of a wonderful lunar new year!Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUNAR NEW YEAR..it is cold and early here so I guess my typing suffers..ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diesel prices have shot up here in California recently as well. It's pretty cool over here this morning but we have clear blue skies with no wind so it should be o.k. Hope it warms up again real fast.

    Glad you got to try a 5 Guys burger but you're right about only having one of those every once in a while as they're pretty big.

    Thanks again for the book, I started it yesterday and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. butterbean carpenterFebruary 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

    Howdy Rod,
    Blowing through those twisties, now huh??? At 35mph that's cooool!!! Testing yourself & trusting the bike is the only way to build confidence in it; just don't try to stick with the experienced riders, you can catch them on the 'straights'!!! YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!! I was always told to 'exercise' the genset at 'least' once a month; that was before ETHANOL was crammed down our throats, to screw-up our engines!!!
    Enjoy every time you can get out on the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is an In and Out Burger place just before the entrance to my mobile home park. When any of my boys are working on the roof they claim to get huge cravings for In & Out's fries as they get the aroma from the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wouldn't have found Jim's truck out there on Friday. He wanted to get the boat cleaned up and covered before the wind and rain hit. I am so tired of this weather. Sure hope next week we get some sunshine. We haven't had a 5 guys for awhile either. Need to remember that when we are over that way again.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...