Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday waiting...

I sort of wasted today, as I was waiting for the UPS truck to come with a new pair of soft shoes from Zappos.com....  And as I was waiting, the darned truck must have become lost or something.....

Usually they come by our house by about 3 PM or so, but it became 4 and I was becoming restless.... And then 5, so I was on the computer again looking to see if they had booked that we weren't home or something....

But no it still said out for delivery, just like it had said all day long..  It was almost 6 PM before they finally came by, and left the pair of comfy shoes that I had ordered...  A pair of Teva moccasin style half high tops, made from suede..  One of the reviewers called them flip flops with tops....

With my neuropathy  any shoe is painful, but perhaps these won't be too bad once I can wear them in some and stretch them to fit my feet...  Regular hard leather shoes are mostly a no go for me...

Then I ended up over at Wal Mart turning in a prescription again..  Perhaps the last refill on the old insurance plan before switching to Medicare and its rather poor coverage under part D.....  Bye bye good policy......!   Ouch....

We seemed to be doing stuff all day long, but I'm not sure what.......  Paid a few bills mid afternoon just to take my impatient mind off of the failure of the truck to arrive...   Darned A type personality........

It was quite cool here today, so the motorscooter wasn't an option.  Its hard for me to do the 40s when its just for the fun of it....  We are forecast to be 26 degrees tonight, so a hard freeze is in order...

That pink stuff went in the rig Wednesday, and perhaps none too soon as within 48 hours it will be needed....   Had I not put it in, I would have been on pins and needles wondering what would be broken... More than likely nothing as the coach has pretty good insulation, but once it goes below freezing and stays that way for most of the day, then all bets are off..

We are to be below freezing again tomorrow night as well, and quite close to freezing Sunday night too....  After that is it said to warm up some where nights will be back into the 30s...  But its a non issue now with the coach winterized...

Tomorrow is a big Halloween party here at our house with Jack o Lantern carving and other fun activities..

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...