Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beverly, another place you can't look up!

When I looked up the ride for Tuesday on the internet forum Sunday morning, it was advertised as Beverly, Missouri...  Where?   I quickly typed that into Google Maps......  All things named Beverly in Missouri appeared...  None of which were the town of Beverly...

Reading the forum post more carefully explained that this used to be a town named Beverly and it was just over the Missouri river bridge East of the town of Leavenworth, Kansas....

Further using the Google earth photos, I was able to identify the building in the pictures...  The place is kind of a used car lot outside and a Bar and Grill inside...  Works for me...

I left home today in another gray foggy misty morning wondering if this would be another ride on a rainy day....  And as I rode North along K-7 to Leavenworth the day didn't get much better....overcast and dreary...

As we met in the parking lot and finally went inside to a really good lunch the sun broke thru in passing glimpses...  But by then I was more intently trying to decide how I was going to eat the massive tenderloin sandwich I had received...  Along with freshly fried Kettle Chips that were made as a specialty at this restaurant....  I never did finish the sandwich or the chips....

When the lunch broke, I rode directly home on I 435 at about 70 mph fighting the wind and traffic of this busy highway...  Other than going down I 29 into the center of downtown or returning on K-7, 435 still remained the best or quickest option...  By now it was almost 80 humid degrees, but still overcast.

The rest of the day has been spent on odd jobs around here at home and studying the many blogs that were missed over the camping weekend...

Again there are numerous pictures on the Romeo Web Site but today I managed to stay out of almost all of them.........

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of times I read about your breakfasts and wish I still had one of my Harleys, although I don't know how my pnueropathic feet would feel about it.you are lucky to have the camaraderie of your bike buddies, sometimes I feel like this retired gig can be lonely with the wife still working. Maybe when you get back from AZ. I will make a trip to Kansas and meet you at one of your breakfasts, I/m sure theres a park within 20 mile of your house out there.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hole in the wall kinds of places. Rain and humidity - not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are definitely going to suffer from 'Romeo Withdrawal Symptom' when you head out to AZ in just a few weeks. You may have to start an Arizona Chapter. Just think, you could become as famous as the Hell's Angels, Rod.

    On second thought - you might want to consider a new name for your group. Romeo's doesn't have the same zing as Hell's Angels.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...