Thursday, August 16, 2012

Talking to everyone....

Seems as though one of our new trees in Arizona has wilted and just fallen over to the ground....   And that's not much of a surprise, as it was in the 100 plus fifteen range all week down there.....

But the gardener folks were supposed to come back and stake these trees so that wouldn't happen.....  And of course staking didn't happen, once we left the area and paid the money.....  I just knew that's how it would go...  But sometimes I try and trust folks.......  Generally that tends to bite me in the backside......

So I spent much of the morning calling trying to find this fellow to go look at the plantings and check the water system....  Finally he answered the phone....

Sometime about noon, we had a visit from the younger son and his family....  That's three kids all running around here at once.....   And Ben and I got off discussing the rebuilding of all of these computer machines I have been working on and what was learned....   He has a broken one as well....  Are all computers broken?

They eventually went to the housing association pool to take a refreshing dip, as tomorrow is back to school day for all three of the kids....   The youngest is now officially a kindergartener...  I feel old......

Then the the stock broker called in the sleepy late summer afternoon, as the markets are drifting sideways and I think he was just looking for someone to talk to...  Over the years we have become friends and talk we doooooooo.

But tonight I was determined to go ride the scooter again after it was a little darker, and cooler...  The bike just shined after riding in yesterday's rain, probably the first water it has seen in some time, as it has been way too hot to actually get out the hose and bucket.......   The soft rain water didn't even spot the windshield.

Tomorrow is another one of those medical days for me, and I am not looking forward to the needles that always go with that experience....  I am hard to get some blood out of.....

So rather than stay up all night, I will sign this off for now and catch you later...

Retired Rod

6 comments:

  1. Wow, seems like the whole country goes back to school earlier than we do in the northeast. Our kids here, at least in NY, don't go back to school until right after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your medical "stuff" today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your tests go well, I have always been lucky and blood test were always easy for me,I have to do it every three months, Ask them if you can just cough them up a pint. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look like the heat is going away anytime soon down there in Mesa so I hope you don't lose all your trees. Good luck today. We want really good reports from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. School already? Poor kids - it's too hot to be stuck in the classroom. School here always begins after labour day.

    Good luck with your tests - and with the needles too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way! Way too early for school to start. They started in Ankeny yesterday and DM schools start next Wed. Have to get the Iowa State Fair out of the way! Going tomorrow! Corn dogs, chop on a stick,donuts, samores, etc.....

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...