Monday, August 20, 2012

Much cooler and more Twain

Boy these days are lazy here in the late summer....  Again we kind of sat around here all afternoon, and I got caught up in that 500 page book.....   Roughing it by Mark Twain.....  I am up to page 316 which is now more than half way thru...

Once he gets to the place where he begins to be a writer for the local news paper, the story kind of slows down and the stories become more predictable..  So of course it was more difficult to keep my attention....  I did look up to see if the story is true or not, but it was called semi autobiographical...  Meaning that he did go to Nevada and did do a bunch of this stuff, but perhaps the stories might be a bit enhanced..............  Nah,,,  Really?

Two years ago we were in the Garden of the Gods in the middle of August..
So after struggling to keep my eyes from taking that parked position during the afternoon's reading, I finally managed to wake up enough to go on and read more blogs and different stuff....

It's amazing that one can amuse one's self all afternoon long with just a computer and an internet connection.....

Our weather here has really cooled off with only  83 as an afternoon high temperature...  We have been rather cold at that temp, and I was actually wondering if I should go put on some long pants....

I didn't go on a bike ride today as I can't find the liners to my mesh coat and pants.  I know I had them last winter, and haven't been able to find them since..  We have looked in all the suspect places, and I know they didn't get left in Arizona.....

Perhaps they are still in the motorhome, but I thought I looked everywhere inside of it when we were on the road......  Mystery!!  I'll have to go dig around and look in every cabinet no matter what is in it.....

We went to the Flying W Ranch for chuck wagon dinner. 

And the Cowboy singing and fiddling afterwards...

Sadly we will never do that again, as the Ranch burned to the ground in this summer's forest fires..
The weather service is calling for about 90 later in the week and that will be about right for us down here on the Mason Dixon Line.....  Usually defined as I 70 now in modern terms....

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. As long as you keep your 90 below the Medicine Line, defined by the Sioux during the Indian Wars of the 1800's, we'll be just fine. We are having great hot 70 degree weather up here now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with JB, keep that 90 degree stuff down south. It's cooled down here and we're back to our normal temps of 70F now. In fact, this morning it was kind of chilly when I took Molly and Rylie for a walk.

    As for August, it certainly does seem to be the slowest month of the year for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...