Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Breakfast in the Rain!!

It was looking rather bleak when I looked out of the blinds on the upstairs windows this morning, thinking about riding to the Romeo luncheon...  Gray and overcast is the best way to describe what I saw in the street in front of our house......

It wasn't really raining yet, but I had to go West to the town of Gardner and it didn't look very promising in that direction..    But what the heck a little rain won't matter, so I dressed for the trip...

Loyce thought I was nuts and told me so in the garage as I was pushing the bike out of the garage, and it had begun to sprinkle....  But I was determined to go thru with it by now, so I headed out into the bleak overcast...

The destination was Todd's Diner on the main street in Gardner about 14 miles to our Southwest..





The picture of Todd's Diner above is posted on the Romeo Rider's forum and I included the HTML code for it to appear here as well.... It must have been snapped on a much nicer day....! There are a lot of pictures on that web site and good descriptions from other riders if you click here..




As is usually the case, I wasn't in any of the pictures other than sitting behind the couple in this photo, while I was talking non stop to the fellow over in the corner drinking coffee.

By this time, most of the other riders had decided to brave the now heavily descending rain, and those of us that were chicken were still sitting around waiting for it to slow up some or stop....



This was the special of the lunch day, with a large plate of ham and beans with corn bread... But what I didn't know was that they also brought a side of potatoes... Either as hash browns or slice and fried potatoes.... They just hadn't arrived yet...

This wasn't my plate, as I had a small breakfast, but rather it was the brunch of the fellow with the coffee cup pictured above.... We sat and talked for some time, while the rain slowed outside....

Eventually I became brave enough to head for home, but it was still raining right along.... And yes I got wet, and no I didn't have any rain gear on... I even had my small helmet that doesn't have a face shield, so the rain was hitting me in the face fairly hard. That meant I went back into the town neighborhoods quickly from the highway and rode at 35 miles an hour rather than highway speeds...

After arriving home and hanging the motorcycle gear on a peg to dry, I found we had the grand girls here while their parents were out doing adult things..... So that was our entire afternoon.......

Claire and I worked with the computer talking about maps and states and history of the white house and all the former presidents...... Boom just like that the day was gone...


Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I remember those days of riding in the rain, when I rode the motor on the PD I would check and see what the chance of rain was, it didn't matter ,if it was 30% that was the area I always ended up in so I could bet on getting wet at least once. That was before the day of big gas station canopies, so I would just stop and enjoy a coffee with the filling station guys.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Now Sandie, ya gotta make Lemonade outta lemons....

      Delete
  3. Nice bright yellow t-shirt you have there, Rod. When I did have a bike, for a few years, I never did ride it in the rain - scared the wits out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...