Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Surprise, we got the payment!

Just a quick post tonight to say that something unbelievable happened today with the credit card company.  After 16 days, the original payment  was cashed and credited to my card balance.  Good thing I didn't stop payment on it yesterday.  I was tempted.

But the EFT payment that I made yesterday that I was reassured went out from the brokerage company did not show up at the credit card company.  What?  Its a transfer of bank funds electronically, they got the money,  the brokerage firm has confirmation that they got the money.   But no credit on my account. I think we smell a rat here.......

I went over to the lumber yard (Home Depot) this afternoon trying to decide what to do about plumbing fixtures and flooring and the like.  This is a basement, and things can be mostly builder grade.  Our house was a spec home to begin with, so we don't have really fancy stuff upstairs.  So I was trying to match what we already have.    Uh, things move on and matching is only going to be somewhat close.  In most cases things have become more cheaply made in the last 6 years.......

Anyway it was 102 outside when I left the house.  The car was soooo steamy inside, but after my medical procedure last week they said no bike for a while.  Well, its too hot to be out on the bike anyway.  We are to have even hotter tomorrow again.  I can't help but wonder if this will break sometime soon.

No other news from here, except that the UPS driver brought a pair of shoes for me today.  I decided that I needed newer shoes worse than another watch!!!  LOL  But a watch for the collection would have been more fun..........

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes my bank transfer payments don't show up until the next day. Now you have to convince them to refund it. It's hard to believe how hot it has been for so long. And it's not yet August, which for us is usually the hottest month. So stay cool and hydrated. So practicality won over the watch. Maybe next time for the watch.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...