Monday, July 25, 2011

Sundays are always slow.

Its raining again tonight as I write this blog.  It started to do that this morning around 8 AM.  The temperatures broke some time in the middle of the night, and we only had 97 as a high in the later portions of the afternoon.  That is more like normal here in Kansas.

Still we were home bodies again today, and I only went out in the middle of the afternoon for a ride because I was having a sever case of cabin fever.  Even then it was overcast and I had occasional rain drops that cooled 97 back into the 90 area.

So running the computer and watching TV was our entire day, which again doesn't give us much to blog about.  I didn't go anywhere near the basement as that project seems to be on a stall out.

I ran into our contractor over in Wal Mart in Gardner, Kansas, and he informed me that he was going on a vacation to Canada.  He is an avid fisherman, and it has been way too hot to fish around here, so leaving for Canada doesn't surprise me in the least.

But, that just leaves the job on a great big stall out mode, as he will not use subs that he doesn't know or essentially trust, when he is not around to supervise.  I guess that is a good thing....

But, we had no prior knowledge of this, only finding out at the last minute before it happened.

Another big clap of thunder, and I hope it rains most of the night, because our yard really needs this moisture.  Its almost too late for the local corn crop, but the soybeans will like it.

Tomorrow I get to call back into the credit card money transfer fiasco, and see if they have found my funds.  Wish me luck!!

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. It clouded up here but no rain, it was in the lower 90's so to us that was cool. Hope we get the high 80's like they predicted, I could spend a few days at the Lake in the water in those temps. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna....

    ReplyDelete
  2. NW Arkansas is experiencing one of the hottest summers in many years. The temperatures have risen in the 90's and got stuck. We get excited when the weatherman communicates there is a "storm" a coming our way. We need rain badly! I enjoy reading your blog. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope they find your money today. How frustrating. We're headed for almost 100 today and our son's yard is having a hard time trying to stay green this summer. It almost makes you want to just give us and save the water.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...