Friday, July 22, 2011

Fightin with the credit folks..

The highlight of today was really a low light.  The mail, or the credit card company lost our monthly payment on our credit card.  They called this morning before I was up for all day, and demanded payment now!

But I sent the payment......  and we talked several times to several folks and they are really upset.   And we pay the bill in full every month, but that doesn't matter.  And it was due on the 14th and this is the 21st, but that doesn't mattter.  And we have been with the company for 30 years, but that doesn't matter.

Well needless to say, we are a bit miffed here tonight, and we never did figure out where the payment actually went.  But if it doesn't show up in the next few days, we have to go thru the stop payment on the check routine, and reissue a new check, and so on.  And this will be against us on our credit report, you know that don't you??     But I didn't do anything wrong.......

So I really didn't accomplish anything else other that fight on the phone with folks all day, so I have nothing to report other than another day above 100 degrees, and that is old news now.

I went out on the bike after dark, as it was finally in the 90s by then, but it was still hot and nasty.

Tomorrow is another of those pesky Medical Days that I have scheduled every so often, so I think I will just be absent from my post at this keyboard for a while, until I get my stuff back in one basket as the saying goes.

Retired Rod

8 comments:

  1. Hey, there is this new thing called the internet ... and its really easy to make payments online. You know its done and have proof instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with financial institutions is kinda like walking through a mine field. Sooner or later some of us step on one of those hidden mines & the resulting damage can be unrepairable for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been paying just about all our bills on line, Our Bank, US Bank ,sends you and e-mail the minute you make a payment letting you know the funds were transferred. a great feature. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We, too, use the on-line method of paying our bills. I fought it tooth and nail (like I do any new technology) but living on the road meant I really didn't have an option. Now I love it and wouldn't do it any other way. Definitely no lost payments and I don't have to worry about how long the Post Office will take.

    Good luck with the medical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your medical appointments. Dealing with any bureaucratic outfit is never fun. Even when you win it still feels bad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a similar issue with my cc company recently. What a pain! FYI, it should not show up on your credit unless the payment is over 30 days late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your credit is always good with us, no matter what! Of course the fact that we have no money to lend you will make that poor solace but just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I should clarify this a bit, I ordered a payment on line from one bank to the credit card company, and it is lost in the online bankers world of money transfers. They can't find where it went and it is gone from my account. So for those that are so sure that the online internet payments are secure and instant, think again. They can loose you money just as easily that way too..

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...