Monday, July 11, 2011

Dog Food, and Boy its HOT!

In case you missed Penny's comment on yesterday's blog I will reprint it here.

Since several were interested in which flavor I purchased.  Penny explains it better than I could have..........


"I am so glad that Biscuit likes the "Wetlands Canine Formula Roasted Fowl", Taste of The Wild dog food.   Mine love the "Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison" one, too.

I know my cats love the feline version, "Rocky Mountain Roasted Venison with Salmon", Taste of the Wild, too.

It is grain-free, and that is what our little carnivorous animals need to keep them healthy.

Corn meal, which is used as a filler in so many name brand pet foods, is just not good for them, and can cause skin allergies and all sorts of nasty things like kidney trouble.

Happy Tails, and Trails, Penny, TX"

Today I just forced myself to go down and finish the insulation job in the basement.  It was well over 100 degrees when I rode the motor scooter back from Lowes with a ground fault recepticle and several regular ones to put in the string beyond the GF.

Too hot to be out on the bike, since I saw 112 on the dash thermometer while I was waiting for a pesky light to turn green.  We have these lights that sense if there is a car waiting at the light.  Trouble is they can't sense a motorcycle.  So it just skips over the green for you until a car comes up behind you.  The longer I sat there the hotter the dash indicated.  I about passed out at 112......

So I really wasn't minding heading down to the basement in the AC, but cutting insulation and becoming all itchy again just wasn't appealing.  But I powered on thru it, telling myself that it would all be over once I got this bit hung........

I waited until it was almost dark and then headed out on the bike, but it was still 96 when I left the house.   But without the sun beating down, it was more bearable.

I did see 103 on the electronic weather station that is here at the house, and the temperature sensor is on the North side of the house in the shade.  Maybe we are finishing this basement just in the nick of time...........

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. Were supposed to have a 100 degree day today, yesterday was 98,I can see a trip to the Lake with the Grandkids in my future just to stay cool. It was 86 at 05:00AM here at the Ranch. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's about time to move into that basement until the blistering heat moves on. Whether it's finished or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you're glad you got your A/C fixed a while ago with those temps! Thanks for the tip on the dog food too, I'll have to see if any stores up here have that brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in Oklahoma right now heading up Kansas way for tomorrow night. Good to see no reprieve from the heat we have been having from houston! yikes. Grasses around here are pretty brown, need some rain!
    Not staying long in KS or would look you up.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...