Sunday, October 31, 2010

All day football

Saturday Football again!  Where did the day go?  But I am much more happy tonight, as my Hawkeyes jumped all over the Michigan State folks winning 37 to 6.  For those of you that don't follow these things, Michigan State was undefeated before this game.

It really won't help us much because we have two losses and several teams in the big ten only have one loss.  But from a moral stand point, we know we can win the big game most of the time.  We have several big games left in the season, most notably Ohio State!

We can hope that if we win a bunch more games, we will get a really nice bowl.  As I write this tonight, I am watching the Oregon Ducks hand it to USC.  One of these days, they are going to have to recognize the Ducks as number one.  But then Auburn won again today too.

So I have nothing to show for today, and Loyce came and went during the day, but I have no idea what she was up to.  Us guys are so worthless on College football Saturdays.

I did go over to Wendy's for my favorite double junior meal deal.  But then rushed right back in order not to miss too much of the Hawkeye game.

I think I have spent a lot more time with football this fall than almost ever before, but being shut into the living room recovering has had a lot to do with that.

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. Your Hawkeyes sure took it to previously unbeaten Missouri yesterday! They'd be sitting pretty right now except for that unfortunate loss last week. Oregon's offense looks almost unstoppable!! I think Auburn will probably lose to Alabama in a few weeks and then we'll see how the BCS computers work this mess out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Rod so graciously pointed out to me, privately, I somehow got my Spartans mixed up with Tigers! Iowa Hawkeyes beat Michigan St. Spartans yesterday not the Missouri Tigers. Nebraska beat Missouri! Whew! Glad I got that straight now. At least in baseball, there are only 2 teams left!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...