Monday, May 12, 2008

Packed and Ready

The truck and utility trailer are loaded in the driveway. The gas tank is full of high priced gas. All I have to do is get up and head out. But I am so keyed up, that I may never go to sleep.

So we are as ready as we can ever get to headem on out. The wife is not all too excited that I am leaving, but then she has put up with this journey for about twelve years now, so she knows the drill.

I will go to Des Moines tomorrow for lunch and then out to the small town of Greenfield, where we have a bunch of old radio gear stored on a friend's farm. The plan is to load a large quantity of the stuff in the utility trailer and tow it back to Des Moines. We are driving a Suburban six passenger Chevy, that belongs to my friend Allen, to Dayton. He will pull my trailer, along with the six of us.

We are braced for the price of gas and the poor mileage that we will get with the trailer. But then if you are going to do this, it has its price.

I will not have internet service Wednesday, until we get to the motel in Tipp City, North of Dayton. We have reservations for a Holiday Inn there. Tomorrow night I will stay in Des Moines at a Microtel, and may have internet if I get a room that is close enough to the office to pick up the Wifi.

I'll blog about how things went as soon as I have a good connection to the outside world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...