Friday, March 14, 2008

A day of Work

I spent Friday working at the used car dealership that belongs to my oldest son. He is in the startup phase of this new business. Everything needs to be completed yesterday, and there are only a few family members to help. So I have been pressed into service to make phone calls, work on computers, and provide general assistance. Even if it is sweep the floor.

Later in the evening, I went to the amateur radio club meeting for the first time in 2008. I went to the Christmas meeting in December, but since we left town on January 1, I haven't been back since then.

Much has changed but then much is the same as well. We always adjourn to the local Godfathers Pizza restaurant. It is near the church where the business meeting is held. This is a free for all that takes up about half of the restaurant. Everyone orders a mini pizza and a drink. Confuses the daylights out of the restaurant staff. I think that everyone talks at once and very few listen. When they bring the orders one by one, they can never figure out who's is who's.

So back home at 11PM and I haven't read a single blog or thought about writing this one either. Didn't get a chance to do anything on the pressure washer project or the tax return, so those projects still loom.

It is to get cold and 70 percent chance of snow, starting tomorrow. It is almost unprecedented, to have this kind of weather this late in the year. Tomorrow will bring a winter set of challenges, so we can explain how we coped in the next blog. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...